< Back to Current Opportunities
Law Clerk and Property Administrator
||As soon as possible
- Preparing lease abstracts from lease documentation.
- Ensuring accurate and timely updating and maintenance of lease information in database.
- Managing leasing files and documentation, including renewals, extensions, subleases, amending agreements, assignments.
- Drafting legal documentation including offers to lease, renewals, extensions, amending agreements, subleases, terminating notices, assignments, for review by General Counsel, and tracking all documentation.
- Coordinating the registration of leases, as required and preparing and maintaining various lease-related reports.
- Preparing confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Preparing and filing trade-mark registration renewals and preparing and filing applications for new trade-marks.
- Preparing documents for new acquisitions and due diligence.
- Assisting General Counsel with any on-going litigation.
- Conducting corporate searches and title searches.
- Assisting General Counsel with the research of any legislation, regulations and bylaws as required.
- Reconciling occupancy expenses, taxes and insurance in accordance with lease terms/ recover overpayments.
- Reviewing and approving for Accounts Payable, monthly rent payments.
- Preparing sales reporting and percentage rent calculations to and for landlords.
- Reviewing and maintaining property taxes and ensuring proper payments to tax authorities and/or landlords.
- Performing general clerical duties, as required.
- Maintaining all real estate and legal files.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
You have 3-5 years experience in Lease Administration for a corporate real estate department, either for tenant or landlord combined with a College Diploma and/or appropriate law clerk/industry designation. You have knowledge and understanding of lease clauses and understanding of meaning of various lease related legal terms. You have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy. You have the ability to work independently, good analytical skills and attention to detail. Proficiency in accounting and experience in lease accounting would definitely be considered an asset. As well, you have proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint, Access, Lotus Notes or Outlook.
Please email your resume directly to our Human Resources Department.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.